Channel balance hardware

A home owner from TN says:
Hello, I need (8) 25" channel balancers marked 2430 and (4) 17" marked 1640. The broken channel balancers are probably 42 years old. I can't find the match on your site but it looks like I need a 15-003 shoe and a 19-005 top. Please help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220328_182116.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220328_182218.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220328_182157.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220328_182335.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

At first glance, this looks like either our Series 351 or Series 390 depending on the depth of the bottom shoe. The Series 351 has a 1" deep shoe while the Series 390 has a 1-1/8" deep shoe. There's a chance you could have the 15-003 1-3/16" deep shoe but pictures can be deceiving so we suggest measuring as shown below to confirm. Let me know what you find and we can go from there.

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
It seems to measure 1 3/16" deep but it's rounded so.... My concern was the length of the "nose" slope. It doesn't have a break until 1" and it quickly rounds. So it's not as snub-nosed. The supporting end only has a ground contact area of 1/4" when the metal channel is upright.
Would the 1/16" really matter if this is the only difference?
Profile picture of Emily

The shape of the shoe doesn't matter; the depth is the determining factor. If yours is measuring as 1-3/16" deep, you'll need the 15-003 shoe. Since custom orders are non-refundable, you may want to triple check your measurement. If you wanted to start with a smaller quantity, I can send you a purchase link for 2 balances with the 19-002 top and 15-003 shoe. Just let me know which stamp you'd need and how you wish to proceed.

You're more than welcome to try the Series 390 but if your shoe is 1-3/16" deep, the S390's 15-001 1-1/8" shoe won't be big enough for your channel. 

Thank you, Emily! I'm going to try the smaller size. I can return those if they won't hold the window up?
Profile picture of Emily

Correct, you can see our return policy here

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.