Glazing Material for Metal Casement Windows

A quick learner from Sweetwater, TX says:
Greetings:

As you see in the pictures, we are keeping the medal (love the casement windows) but will be doing the enduring chore of taking off the "Putty" Glazing, and hoping to replace it with a glazing material you have. But to be honest with you, I don't even know where to start...with what glazing to use?

Can you help guide me to the correct glazing material? Even to what measurements are needed. I do know your time is precious, but if you just point the way, it would be so appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Lucinda

User submitted photos of a glazing bead.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
This type of steel window is glazed with a glazing putty like the "DAP-33," which a local hardware stores in your area should be able to supply. You will also need some glazing springs to hold the glass in place. Take a look at our 57-102, this may be what the doctor ordered.
A quick learner from Sweetwater, TX says:
Dave,

Thank you so much for your precious time, it is very much appreciated. I would have had no idea about the springs, thank you for that info as well. Was hoping I could get the vinyl glaze your store provides, but hey, my fingers will try to make the job look just as beautiful.

Again, thank you for your time,

Kindest Regards,

Lucinda
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
My pleasure, Lucinda. If you have any other questions, please let me know. I'd be happy to help as best as I can.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.