Removal of a pivot bar on a Better Bilt (I think) window

A quick learner from Alexandria, VA says:
I have a double hung vinyl window from the early to mid 90s with what looks like the 26-375 pivot bar. The pivot bar snapped where it engages the pivot lock so I need to replace it, but I can't figure out how to remove the bar. There is no visible screw or anything. Any ideas? Thanks.
A customer submitted image of their pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! No, I notice that your tilt bar is spring loaded. You will have to tilt the sash in and slide the tilt bars out of pivot shoe one by one. It's important to tilt the sash in so that you lock the pivot shoes from springing up after the sash is removed.
A quick learner from Alexandria, VA says:
Thanks for the response, but I don't think I articulated my question properly. I can remove the sash without any issues. I am having trouble removing the actual pivot bar from the sash itself to replace it (the pics above are just showing the type of pivot bar in use...the one I need to replace is broken right at the point where it enters the pivot lock). Any help would be appreciated.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Oh, I see. I'm actually not familiar with this type of pivot bar, to be honest. Most pivot bars are screwed in from the bottom of the sash. Seeing as how yours are spring loaded, I'd think that there would be a stop screwed in at the end of the sash to keep the bar from popping out. If so, you should be able to take it out once the stop is removed.
A distributor from wv says:
I had to take the screws out that actually hold the window sash together. not a good system.
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.