nylon and metal slides

A quick learner from Montana, USA says:
Are the nylon and metal slides interchangeable?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yes, in my experience the 91-001P and 91-033P are very similar. The only major difference is in the size of the front tip, but that may or may not matter depending on what kind of window you're working with. You'll have to check the size of the front tip on your original to verify.

Other than that, there is a tradeoff: you lose strength with the nylon latches and in time they will eventually break sooner than the metal latches would have.

A quick learner from Montana, USA says:
Thank you for your response - we will check the measurements carefully - we have the nylon inserts and want to go to the metal. We will be ordering soon.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sounds good! We appreciate your consideration. 

Please let me know if you had any other questions and I will do my best to assist you.

How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.