tandem coil spring balance replacement needed

A home owner from Escondido, CA says:
Hello I'm trying to replace a broken tandem coil spring balance.
Overall it seems to be 3-7/8" long, by 1-3/16" wide.
There also is a number on case: PAT 5,353,548
One of the coils is stamped with 5 KC, the other with 7 13W.
The weight of the wash is 21.6 lbs.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named unnamed (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named unnamed.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6782.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6783.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

You have our 15-087 pivot shoe that's designed to use the Series 180 coil springs and 15-086 housing. If your tandem housing is the only thing that's broken, you could get away with just replacing the 15-086. Just note, these parts are sold separately. Look them over and let me know if you have any questions. 

Hi thanks for getting back to me. I'll replace both 15-086 and 15-087, on both sides on this window, but the coil itself is also broken.
Can you help me figure out which springs I need to get with my window sash weight of 21.6 lbs.
Profile picture of Emily

Certainly. With a sash weight of 21.6 pounds, you can use one S180-5 5 pound spring and one S180-6 6 pound spring on both sides of the window which totals 22 pounds of overall support. This setup should be just fine as long as the coil weights fall within a pound of your sash's actual weight. 

Perfect, thank you! I've placed the order.
Profile picture of Emily

My pleasure! And thank you for your order! We really appreciate it. Let me know if I can be of further help and best of luck with the repair!

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.