1-1/4" T-LOCK BALANCE SHOE, OPEN CAM

A quick learner from OH says:
I bought some of your 1-1/4" T-LOCK BALANCE SHOE, OPEN CAM to replace them in my windows. As it turns out, while the parts are generally the same, the new part is deeper at the top, where it fits into the spring balance. As such, I can't get the hooked part around the wire to secure the shoe, and the shoe itself is too deep to fit into the balance. Is there another shoe that is substantially similar, but a little less deep?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window shoe part.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I see what you mean. I believe you can use the 15-236 T-Lock Shoe instead. Please compare dimensions and shape. It does come with a closed cam, not an open cam; but I think there's a good chance that distinction won't matter for your window's pivot bar.

A home owner from OH says:
Paul,

Thank you so much for directing me to the 15-236 T-Lock Shoe. I bought a few and they worked perfectly. I then ordered 40 more and replaced them in every window of the house. I had two window companies give me quotes to repair the windows, one quote was $2,100 and the other $2,500. The parts cost me $80 thru Swisco and my wife and I replaced the shoes in all of the windows in one Saturday. Again, I cannot thank you enough for your help. I will recommend Swico to all of my friends.
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.