"11L 3" and "BU 12 1190" Andersen Balances

A home owner from NY says:

We have windows with 11600-17. Other numbers stamped on each balancer are "11L 3" and "BU 12 1190." Any ideas? Thanks!

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Based on what you've described, we believe you have cottage windows, where the top and bottom sashes are different sizes. I think you might need our 24-11R and 24-11L Andersen balances, but to be sure I'd like you to tell me the width" x height" of the visible glass for both the top and bottom sashes.

A home owner from NY says:
Thank you for responding. The visible glass is the same in both sashes: 28.5"W x 34"H.

The lower sash is overall 3/4" taller, due to the taller frame/trim at the bottom for the handle. If you include the frame, it's about 32.75"W x 37.75"H. The top sash is 32.75"W x 37"H, including the frame.

One of the sashes reads CIG-2 4-90 at the bottom corner, which I assume means it's from the 4th quarter of 1990?

Thanks for your help. We're really looking forward to repairing these.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for the additional information. I can confirm that the Andersen balances for your window are the 24-11R and 24-11L. You are correct on the glass stamped date.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)