1/2 in channel balance 23.5 inches long stews in top guide

A quick learner from Cape canaveral says:
In need of some assistance with my channel balance. Please refer to the attached photos for specification. Thank you
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Looks like you have an old Security window. We should be able to make this balance for you, though it will need to be a custom order. I'm thinking of our 15-005 and 19-042 as the two nylon attachments. Look them over and tell me if you agree. Before we begin on the rest, can you tell me what stamp is printed on the metal channel? If you don't have one, or if you aren't sure, we will need the weight of the sash, instead. I will also need to know how many you're interested in.
A quick learner from Cape canaveral says:
Looks like the right ends no stamps on the piece I cannot remove the sash but guess it weight around 20 # s
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the update! I highly recommend getting the exact weight of the sash. Since we have to custom make this, it's important that the spring strength is calibrated correctly. These are precise systems and having the wrong spring strength can cause problems. We like to nip that in the bud and ensure that we get you only the exact hardware you need. See the video below for help on how you can remove your sash.
After we know the sash weight, the last thing we need to know is how many you need. Then we can get started.
A quick learner from Cape Canaveral says:
thanks,i replaced a lot of these counterbalance systems . Never had so much trouble getting a sash out . Got it out and it weighs 14.5 LBS . I need 2 but depending on the price might get 6 as it is my experience that they all kind go at once . Get me a price and well get this order done . Thank you for your help its rare to get any customer assistance these days . Your company always helps
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! We'll go with a 2320 option, which can carry 9 through 15 pounds. I'll send you a link for two of these, along with a price quote. If you'd like to adjust the quantity, let me know!
How to replace a window sash channel balance
How to replace a window sash channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.