12 year old cranks keep having handles fall out

A quick learner from Minnesota says:
I am trying to find replacement cranks-12 years old. Not sure why all the handles keep falling out~ missing screw possibly? Would I just need the handle or both parts?
Any help much appreciated!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window crank2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window crank1.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It sounds like the gearing on your operator is stripped out. With that in mind, see our 39-330 operator as well as our 39-205 folding crank handle. I believe you can use these parts to repair your window.

A handy person from Minnesota says:
I'm having the same problem with the handles falling out. The gears are stripped at all it's just the Allen wrench looking post that inserts into the operator comes out and then eventually strips. I was looking it up somewhere online and they called the version you're offering the X model and there's also the pro which is what I have. Do you have any model numbers for that one?
Profile picture of Tom

I believe the only difference in the old Pro Drive is that it used a 5/16" hex spline in the handle, which inserted into the operator. The X Ddrive uses an 11/32" spline on the operator that inserts into the handle.

They don't make the Pro Drive version anymore, but the X Drive works just as well. You just need a new handle to match, which is why I recommended the 39-205.

We currently have the folding cranks~ could we go with the regular crank 39-114L to save a little money. We will be ordering 10? And just want to make sure that we would need to order both 39-330 RH and 39-329 LH, we have about 10 windows both RH and LH that need to be replaced.
Profile picture of Tom

Sure, the 39-114L is fully compatible with both of those operators.

If you have both right and left hand operators that need replacing, then you will want both the 39-330 and the 39-329, which is the opposite side.

Last question, I promise!! The operator color is almond and the handle is the color beige, are those the same color? My originals look closer to the almond color from what we can tell. Also, is there a return policy? Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

I had one of my colleagues who are still at the office take a photo of the beige handle with the almond operator. As you can see, the handle is a little bit brighter. I'm afraid we're not able to offer the operator in any more finishes, though. Matching white with white may be the better option. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Almond operator, Beige handle
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.