13" non tilt window sash

A home owner from Utah says:
I think I have identified the sash I need, but would like to confirm. The #s on the sash are 12-4 GG5 CMC 54. They didn't bring up a part. Can you help me? Tamra
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1588185043951-671363178.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15881850784391900165126.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15881851119411866929595.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1588185190746601791955.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1588185262413-315009355.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. This part is called a channel balance. It's an important distinction to make, since the sash is what you would call the glass panel that your balance supports. I have seen many Abbot and Costello routines play out as a result of those names being mixed up, so I just want to clear that up right off the bat so that there's no confusion moving forward.

Your balance in particular looks similar to our S385-13. This comes with a 19-005 top and 15-004 bottom nylon fitting. As long as the dimensions of these nylon fittings match your measurements, then I think the S385-13 will be a great choice to repair your window.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)