~1/4 inch nylon buttons to cushion slides of general aluminum 4400 series single-hung windows

A home owner from austin, tx says:
A window pro recently replaced the glass in one of these windows. In the process, he lost the four little nylon dome-shaped buttons that were attached to the inside face of the moveable part of the single hung frame, cushioning between the moving frame and the fixed one. They were apparently friction fit into receiver holes in the frame. These buttons prevent direct contact between the aluminum of the sliding part of the frame and that of the fixed frame, thereby aiding the slide and preventing aluminum/aluminum binding and wear. I learned from the current operator of "General Aluminum" that my windows pre-date their takeover of the GA company in the year 2000, so they can't help me with parts. Ideas?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what you need without seeing the original piece. There are a couple different parts that may match what you've described. Take a look at our 67-007, 67-019 or 87-132. See if you can use any of these for your window.
A quick learner from TX says:
87-132 does indeed appear to be the exact solution! Before ordering, I will need to confirm the 3/16 shaft size matches the holes in the window, but am quite optimistic that it does based on the MK-I eyeball that I have been using to measure until now. Thanks very much!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Awesome, glad to hear it! Thank you for considering us, and please let me know if you need anything else.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)