15-220 shoe didn't work

A quick learner from North Carolina says:
I bought the Swisco 15-220 pivot shoe, but it didn't hold in my window. when I turned the cam to the lock position it just dropped right to the bottom what part do you recommend for this shoe?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SteveWIlliamson 2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SteveWilliamson 1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SteveWilliamson 3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SteveWIlliamson 4.jpeg
I have two more photos today that might help. These windows are about 20 years old, the the pivot shoe design may have changed some.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A35BA9DD-41E2-4B0A-A6CF-E2AE841F3BB9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CE608E23-6F2B-4386-89ED-31527F90537C.jpeg
Hi,

I wanted to add a few more photos to help resolve this. Picture # 1 shows the total thickness of the needed pivot shoe. It's roughly 1/2". Pictures #2&4 shows the pivot shoe "shoulders " sitting flush with the face instead of projecting out from the face in your 15-213. I don't think that would be an issue if the 15-213 total thickness compares.

Thanks,

Steve
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 54DAFAB3-DDDE-465F-8D6B-8F1DA1C5B2E3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6A4DF570-0D64-4B28-9855-778E6D38928B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0339F8C4-DE77-43A3-81B6-B96FE1864FFA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0E183982-8F65-49A9-B753-8FED7DEC15FE.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us, Steve, and for the detailed photos. I think the 15-213 is definitely the better choice. However our dimensions are a little different and I can't make yours out, precisely. Double check your thickness dimensions (both your shoe and the 15-213 are skinnier at the top) to confirm whether or not this will fit in your window track. If it does, then I think it's the one to go with.

Thanks for your response Tom.

I have the thickness at 1/4" without the brake. 1/2" with the brake.

Please advise.

Steve
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid that we don't have a shoe in this style at 1/2" thick. The 15-213 is the closest we have at 9/16", which is 1/16" too thick. I am sorry that we can't offer a better match.

Thanks Tom. But can the 1/16" be made up with the brake. If not, is there another source for the pivot shoe I need?

Profile picture of Tom

The brake isn't meant to pad out the thickness of the pivot shoe like that. It's meant to lock the shoe in the track to prevent it from moving up and down so that you can safely remove the sash. If your shoe is skinnier than ours, then extending the brake won't really do anything, since that would also be too skinny to perform its function.

I couldn't find any version of this shoe with only a 1/2" thickness, unfortunately. I'm not sure who else may have that size.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.