1.5" x .25" bearing for glass slider. Assembly housing stamped A-S NYC 7873

A handy person from 80904 says:
Hi, I would like to replace some sliding glass door bearings.

I need 4 sealed bearings total. 1.5" x .25"

Also 4 pieces of furry grey or black weather stripping. (Or if there is a better product you recommend.) .25" insert tab width. Length 36". Depth 3/8"

Thank you,

Jesse
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200319_135756.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200325_113026.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200326_205242.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200319_135714.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Jesse. Looks like you need a new sliding glass door roller and a new type of wool pile weatherstripping. We can help with both, but we'll need a bit more information.

For the roller, you're only showing us the interior housing. Roller assemblies are made of three components: the wheel, the internal housing, and the exterior housing. We don't sell interior housings separately so we'll need to see the exterior housing in order to ID the proper replacement. This is a very important detail, since the exterior housing size is what we go by to find a replacement that fits in the same channel. With that in mind, we'll also need its dimensions; specifically the height and width.

As for the wool pile, it sounds like you have a 1/4" base and a 3/8" height. The problem is that we don't have a wool pile type with a 1/4" base. Can you confirm that dimension? We offer many that are close, but a little off. The closes is our 58-105. This has a 9/32" base and 11/32" height, which is only 1/32" off from your dimensions in both cases.

A handy person from 80904 says:
Hey Tom,

Sounds like that weather stripping will work.

As for the exterior assembly housing i will send another pic or two but door is reinstalled temporarily with cheap big box store replacement rollers at the moment. As i am in the middle of a plumbing project now. So it may be delayed a few. I may not have ideal photos and will have to come back to it later.

Is it possible to order 4 high quality sealed bearing rollers only? It seems that is all I really need.

Sending a pic of ext. Housing still in door. It may not be useful.

Thanks,

Jesse
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200319_185559.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200319_185635.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200319_185620.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Jesse. I couldn't make out your outer housing from these photos, but if all you needed was a replacement wheel then that is certainly possible. I'm sorry for not picking up on that earlier.

Please see our 81-272 wheel kit to start out. These are 1-1/2" diameter and 1/4" thick steel ball bearing wheels, along with an assortment of axles. I believe you can use this kit to repair your roller assemblies.

How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.