150 Coil Balances

A quick learner from British Colmubia says:
Hi,
We have several windows to repair, one bigger one has an "8" on the coils so I assume that means 8 pounds. The coils on the 5 smaller windows have "433". Can you please confirm the 8 means eight pounds and tell me what 433 means?

Thank you,
Natalie
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Natalie,

You are correct that the stamp on your coil spring indicates the weight rating. In your case, the "8" correlates to a weight capacity of 8 pounds. 

Your smaller window with coils stamped with 433 means that it supports 4 pounds and has 33" of travel. With that being said, it is a bit odd for the S150 to have a 433 stamp. Are you sure that the S150 is an exact match to the coils in your smaller window?

Feel free to send us photos of your coils and pivot shoe removed from the window, as well as confirm the exact thickness of the coils if you would like us to confirm the correct series. Thank you. 

Here is a couple of pictures.
Thank you so much
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0A2B67B4-5EE3-483D-9D7B-A6038708C66F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E91BDA33-6A1A-44A4-9C36-59FF56E5394E.jpeg
I need a couple of these as well.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F7770166-8C2E-495C-A8FD-CDC9582E6128.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. I agree that your coil spring looks like a match to the S150 as long as it measures 1/2" wide.

As for the other part shown in your last photo, it reminds me of the 15-144 bushing cap that holds the coil in place, in addition to the 15-143 bushing and 15-145 barrel. Take a look and see if this might be the part that you need. 

Profile view of 15-144
Profile view of 15-144

Detail of 55-144
Detail of 55-144

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.