15/16" Deep Shoe for Series 380

Quick Learner from Melbourne, Fla
Apr 21, 2023 4:20 pm
ok.. I am repairing newly bought home windows that need attention, single hung. I closely match the S380 except the bottom channel shoe dim is not 1" but 15/16". Also the flat side is alittle different. So question, is this a show stopper or is there another option? Thanks for the input. Also not sure about the options for weight. Do I need to weigh the window and select the option closest to the total weight or divide it by the weight since two channels will be used? It's heavy. Size is 4' x 5'...
regards, Tom
IMG_5325 IMG_5326 IMG_5324
3 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Apr 25, 2023 8:37 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

The 15-005 that comes with the S380 does measure 1" deep but it is not uncommon for these balance shoes to wear down a bit over time. You may want to check another balance in the house to confirm the exact depth. 

If the shoe is less than 1", we also offer the 7/8" deep 15-029 balance shoe. We can supply balances with this shoe and the 19-005 top if needed but it will need to be a custom order. If you need to go the custom route, we'll also need to know the number of balances that you need with the minimum order being two. We would also need to confirm the stamp code on your metal channel, which looks like it may be 38D. If so, the length of the metal channel of your balance should measure 39" long, not including the end fittings. Thank you! 

Alternate view of 15-005
Alternate view of 15-005

Dimensions for 15-029
Dimensions for 15-029

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts