1/8" offset clips: nylon and metal

A quick learner from East Hampton, NY says:
I have used the white 1/8" offset clips (70-086) for my project (holding plexiglass 1/8" panels to outside of screen porch) but many have broken after less than one year. In some cases the circular base seems to be hitting the edge of the plexiglass which I think is stressing the nylon clip and causing it to crack. Is the circular base of the metal 1/8" offset clip of the same diameter as the nylon one? And is the hole for the screw the same size? If not, what is the diameter of the circular base and the screw hole of the metal clip? Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I actually pulled both from stock to check the base. The outside diameter of the 70-015 metal clip is just a little under the diameter of the nylon 70-086, but not by much. The inside diameter looks the same and should take the same size screw. If the Plex is hitting the clip base, use a file to give you more play between the Plex and clip. I hope this helps!
A quick learner says:
Thanks, Dave. That is a big help. Never dawned on me to file them (duh!) so that is a good suggestion. I'll also order some of the metal clips. Thanks much.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.