18 springs and 18 slides

A quick learner from Indiana says:
I have 9 windows ( CARE FREE ) that would be 18 springs and 18 slides 1/2 in dim.?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Can you confirm the diameter of the outer tube? Based on the style of your balance, it should be either 3/8" or 5/8". I'd wager yours is 5/8". If so, I recommend our S600-24

Please note that our tubes are made of metal, not plastic. Our balances will also have a red tip instead of a white tip, but will work fine for your windows. Finally, our 75-006 charging tool should be helpful for installation. 

I'm not sure about that pivot shoe. I think yours is discontinued, so we'll need to see if we can find a modern replacement. Can you remove it from the window and give me its exact thickness? I cannot tell what it is from just a tape measure. Can you also show me a photo of the pivot bar that interacts with it?

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.