1820 channel balance top piece

A home owner from Florida says:
I do not know what it is called, but this piece goes on top of part #1820 channel balance. I don't want to take it apart, because it will be useless to me after that if I cant order new parts. I am hoping you have a good idea of what this is and how I can get it. I am having a home inspection Tuesday and would really like to fix this window. Please help me! I am taking a stab in the dark at getting these parts. Thanks for all your help!


Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WIN_20200311_18_21_21_Pro.jpg
Profile picture of Manuela
Manuela from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Barbara. I am not 100% sure on which part you are referring to. In your photos, you're showing what looks like our 19-018 top channel balance shoe. This balance shoe is used on our Series 377 channel balance. Have a look and let us know if this is the part you're inquiring about. It also sounds like you may be referring to a top sash guide. But, again, I can't be sure. Our 18-042 top sash guide can be used with the Series 377. If it is in fact the top sash guide you're referring to, you will need to remove one from the window to compare it with ours. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)