1866 Curtis window operator

A home owner from Spokane Valley, WA says:

Hi there, I have an awning window with a broken 1866 Curtis operator that I would love to replace. My local window store has left me out in the cold for helping me find a viable replacement/substitution. Do you have any viable options available? Would be happy to supply more info if it would be helpful.

Thank your for your time,

Seth 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AD501EB7-141A-4196-BF44-7415C4F0525C.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Seth. I'm afraid that we don't sell anything quite like this. Based on the age and design I doubt you'll find anything on the market today that doesn't requite serious retrofitting.

Some possible options are our 39-370, 39-268, and maybe even our 39-077, though there are no guarantees that any of these options will work. The way they are designed to open the window is just too different.

A home owner from MN says:
Hello - I'm wondering if there is any way to follow up with the original poster? To know if he tried the alternatives suggested or what he ended up doing with his windows. We have the exact same windows in our house and we love them especially this time of year when they are so great at letting all the spring breezes into the house. But we have windows that need parts! Thanks.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 39-268 wood window crank operator
How to install the 39-268 wood window crank operator
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.