1948 casements

A home owner from AZ says:
Hi, experts! My "new" home has 1948 steel casements all around. Some work and many don't, mostly as a result of stripped gears in the operators. Otherwise, the windows are in pretty good shape for 75 years old.

I think they are Fenestras, but they aren't marked anywhere I can see...maybe under all that brown paint!

I don't see any operators in your inventory that match mine, which have four screws that secure the operator to the frame.

I've included a couple of pix.

Any idea of availability on these parts?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-5/20/2023, 1:36:45 PM.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We offer quite a few operators that mount the same way as yours. The first to come to mind is our 39-001 and 39-002, which appear to have the same base design as what I see in your photo.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the size and style of the arm itself. Your next step should be to review our specs for these parts to determine how well they match up to the original.

Dimensions for 39-001
Dimensions for 39-001

Tom, thanks much. I didn't see this style of operator on your website, but I guess it's there!

I'll measure the arm and see if it happens to be a match.

Rich=
Profile picture of Tom

Sounds good! Please let me know if you had any further questions and I would be happy to advise.

Tom, you've been a great help. I'll follow up with any questions...
I'm all but certain to have some!

Rich=
Profile picture of Tom

That's what I'm here for, Rich! You know where to find me when you need me.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.