1950s jalousie windows rehab

A home owner from New Iberia says:
I recently purchase a midcentury modern home with 4 large floor to ceiling jalousie windows and I need help to find instructions to replace operators and perform general cleaning and rehab. 2 of the windows work, but need new weather stripping, one has a broken operator and the other will not open at all. I need advice on getting the jambed window open as well as replacing the operators. the original are yale ogron type, but don't know if the "univeral operator will work.
the windows are an architectural element I want to keep, but need direction to rehab instructions, etc.
thanks
User submitted picture of 1950's Jalousie window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon! Thank you for your patience in this matter. I think I recognize this operator. It is a very old part and I don't think it's even been made in years. That said, you may want to check out our 39-182 & 39-183 POW Awning Operators and see if you could perhaps use these as substitutes. Let me know what you think.
A home owner from New Iberia says:
thanks...
will give it a try and see what happens.
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.