1950s sliding glass door rollers

A contractor from Long Beach, CA says:
I have a job to replace rollers for a home. Built in 1957. Large single pane doors. Never seen these rollers with clips. Any ideas? Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_20210219-144853_Messenger.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_20210219-145020_Messenger.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 83049.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 83050.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Your roller does seem somewhat familiar to me, but I can't quite place it. I can at least tell you that we don't have anything in our inventory that matches. Take a look at the rollers and axle kits I've listed for you on this page. I'm wondering if you can use a roller like the 81-156 with the mounting tabs at the bottom of the housing. Also look at the 81-278 single roller, which can be installed from the top down using a machine screw like the 33-103 or up from the bottom. Lastly, we carry wheels and axle kits if you can reuse your existing housing, such as the 81-266.

A contractor from Long Beach, CA says:
Thank you Dave.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.