1960's Sliding glass door roller replacement

A contractor from Beaumont, Texas says:

Dear Swisco,

I have a client that is on a very fixed income. I occasionally do work complementary for them. Her patio door has been repeatedly coming of the lower track making it almost impossible for her to open it. She has outside burglar bars installed on the outside.

The rollers that are installed on the doors had no adjustments that I could get to to allow for clearance. I didn't have enough room to get the door to clear the inside of the tile, trust me I tried. lol. I eventually disassembled the door. It's the kind with the frame and gasket that just unscrews. Okay, to get to the point I would like replacement rollers (4) that are adjustable to allow clearance without having to put back together while in the groove. Below is a photograph of the existing roller.

Once I had the door out, I was able to loosen the two screws and gently tap the unit out. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rock

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3792.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Rock. Unfortunately, the die cast wheel housing is no longer available, but it looks like you can knock out the wheel axel and replace the wheel. We pulled up two possible options: our 81-228 or 81-236, but we do have more. Start by reviewing their dimensions and let me know what you think.

A contractor from Beaumont, Texas says:
Thank you for the information. I did end up replacing the units with slide in adjustable rollers. It would have been nice to locate new glass seals and such, but none available locally. Everything works as it should with a just a slight touch of a finger. Thanks for your time and may you and your family be blessed.
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.