1970 era steel bifold doors

A handy person from Addison, IL 60101 says:
Hi, I want to replace all hardware on 3 of these bifold doors (including top and bottom tracks). The door openings are 4' x 8 '. All of the plastic clips are worn out and the tracks are beat up.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A29AA3C9-8DD1-40DB-9007-005639C27E0E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 94ACDC93-873F-4F62-B547-A40B2177838D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 917139B3-5C14-4A16-866C-55545CD094E0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 61B0284A-A2FE-42F5-8D0A-6FBDDE7A927E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5501E606-4F7A-4AD0-BD7C-1A3EB9846B33.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. We may be able to help, but we need information to get started. Can you tell us the diameter of the pins and caps? Can you also tell us the height of the track? Finally, do you know the brand name of the door? That would be a huge help. Many thanks.

Leigh Full - Vu doors
Hinge pins - 5/16"
Guide pins - 1/4"
Track Height - 1"
What do you mean by caps?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! Don't worry about the caps; some bifold pivot pins use white nylon caps to plug into their corresponding guide in the track, but Leigh pins do not work this way. 

Speaking of Leigh pins, look at our 21-049, 21-048, and 21-058. Let me know what you think!

Hi, thanks for the info. Also need the 5/16 spring loaded pivot pin for the top of the door. Also, do you sell the guide rails?
Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, the top 5/16" spring loaded top pin is no longer available and neither are the tracks. I'm afraid the hardware Tom picked out are the best options we have for this old closet door.

A home owner from Columbus OH says:
Hello - I have closet doors similar to these that need repaired, and I have ordered the parts recommended in this thread. Please forgive the stupid questions, but could you provide any pointers on how to best go about taking down doors like this for repair? If I just loosen the screw on the top fixed end of a door, can I then just pull the door off once loose? Any additional pointers as to how to put the doors back up? Do you set the bottom first, and then put in the top part?

Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We actually have an instructional video that shows you how to remove this kind of door. Please let me know if this is of any help to your project.

A home owner from Columbus OH says:
Just what I was looking for, and very helpful.

Thanks!
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.