1970's Andersen Perma-Shield gliding patio door

A home owner from Wapakoneta, Ohio says:

Hello, I am trying to find glazing beads for my Andersen Perma-Shield gliding door. I just submitted a contact form on your website with a description. I believe the door model is 8068L or PSII 8L based on the door and glass measurements and what I could find on the internet. The stationary panel in all vinyl and in very good condition. The operating panel is all wood and in very good shape except for the wooden glazing strips. About a year ago I had the double pane glass replaced and the contractor damaged the strips as shown in the pics. Also the seals on the windows have started to leak so I am having these replaced again but was hoping to find glazing strips that will work whether vinyl or wood. I did locate what I believe are correct part numbers for this door but they are vinyl so I'm not sure if that would work. Can you help me find the correct parts? Thanks

Steve

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 12741C8B-09EB-4300-8092-617ADADEF2E6.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. I'm afraid I can't say for sure what glazing you need without pictures of samples removed from the window that showcase the glazing bead's 'end profile'. This, along with dimensions, is the most reliable way of determining what you need. In the time being, you can view our Andersen Glazing Beads, the 55-303, 55-306, and 55-301 and see if one of these might be what you need.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.