1980's Metal sliding patio door

A handy person from New York says:
This part just came off my patio door but I cannot determine where is it from. Is it broken? Does it need to be replaced? Do you have it? Otherwise, could you let me know where is it from?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lucho

P.S I am an old customer of Swisco
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 970CC3EC-0F6E-4F99-AA32-0B0DD046C64B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8495581E-94EB-401C-A794-2E9CB9695095.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 78B34BE9-F649-40D2-BB03-B58A88CC0C87.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Welcome back! Do you think this could be a securing bracket like the 80-003? I'm not exactly sure what it's purpose is, and looking at the photos it does not look worn or broken. If it doesn't appear to be the 80-003, can you tell us more about what it does and its function? Can you show it to us installed? From there, we'll do our best to find something for you. Many thanks.

Hi Dave,

I doubt it is a securing bracket, I just placed it in the bottom of the door, inside an open gap, it seems that door runs more smoothly, could it be a guide?

Please see pics

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FE238F17-33EC-484A-9DC6-CE6840AC982C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1D792542-EEAB-40C2-8D2C-F21BC9090EA3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 112888A7-0BCE-421F-8ABF-617F2362ABCC.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the additional information. These pictures are a big help, but I'm afraid they only confirmed that isn't something we'll be able to supply. Your part could be a type of "dust" cover or a type of "gap" filler. It may not be available anymore. My research just couldn't turn anything up. Parts for aluminum patio doors are becoming harder to find these days. Most customers opt for vinyl doors since the insulating value is better.

I think your only option at this point would be to get in touch with a local mom and pop type shop, someplace with a history. They may have some older parts in stock for you. 

Sorry that we couldn't help you for this one!

Thanks
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.