1990 M-W Window tilt pivot

A home owner from Littleton, NC says:

The tilt pivots for this window were damaged by an attempted break-in many years ago. It's not a window that we operate much, but I need to get it operational.

The tilt pivot metal is bent, and I am going to attempt to bend it back. If it breaks, I am hoping to find replacements so I don't have to replace the entire window assembly.

These existing tilt pivots are 1.5" long and 3/8" wide. The cam height is 5/8".

Your product 17-056 : Tilt Pivot looks like it might work.

Thank you!

Dale 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200824_190048252.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200824_190105897.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200824_190330575.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I agree that the 17-056 tilt pivot is similar to yours but the hole placement appears to be higher than yours. You could also consider our 26-402 pivot bar and see how the dimensions compare to yours. Thanks for posting! 

A quick learner from North Carolina says:
This part did in fact work perfectly to replace broken tilt pivots on a 30 yo M-W window damaged from an attempted break-in several years ago. A few dollars worth of parts saved me from having the window totally replaced at a cost of over $450.

Your part 26-402 pivot bar would also have worked with some slight modification.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Awesome! That's great news, thank you for confirming. Please let us know if you ever needed anything else.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.