1996 Pella sliding patio door

A home owner from Canada says:
Hi, I have a Pella 72" x 80" sliding patio door that I bought from Home Depot Canada in 1996, I am looking for replacement rollers for the glass sliding door. Although I have the original receipt, it does not have a part number on it. Are you able to recommend rollers for this door? They are 1 1/2" diameter wheels.

Thanks in advance!

Brian
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We can almost certainly replace that roller, and you don't even need a part number. We simply need to see the roller outside of the door. Can you remove both parts of the housing (inner and outer) and send a photo of the part by itself?
Here are some photos of the paella Door rollers
Pella roller
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hi, Brian. I can't say I'm familiar with this particular Pella patio glass door roller, actually, but I can help. I suggest looking at the 81-272 roller kit. See if you could just replace the wheel and keep your existing housing, which might be the easiest option. As well, you may want to look at the 81-023 and 81-277 roller housings to see if they can replace the whole roller. They're held in place with a flathead screw in the bottom door stile, which you will want to keep in mind.
A professional from CA says:
Dave & Brian, take another look.
81-249 or 81-098 should be the exact replacement.
Those others will NOT work at all.
They will sit on top of the rail and cut grooves into it.
Thank you professional. That is what i ordered.

Brian
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace the pre-701 and 701 Pella patio door roller
How to replace the pre-701 and 701 Pella patio door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.