1998 Empire Pacific Industries Slider Handle Replace Parts

A home owner from Moraga CA says:
Seeking replacement parts for an 1998 Empire Pacific Industries Patio Glass Slider Door handle. The exterior handle (lower section) is tearing, thus the handle is bending off. The only product information I have is that it is either a Series 4100 or 5100 vinyl replacement window by Empire Pacific Industries (Cascade Windows). The handles are the same shape on the interior and exterior.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0202.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0201.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0203.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This old handle set isn't made anymore, but you should be able to use our 82-030 as a replacement. This has a 3-15/16" hole center spacing, which should match your own, and it will be compatible with your original mortise.

One thing to note is that if your handles are tearing off at the base, then it's usually a sign that the wheels aren't rolling properly. You should give the bottom track a once-over just to be safe. Look for any dents, cracks, or damage, clean up any debris, and lubricate the track and wheels just to be safe. Your door should open very easily with just a gentle touch.

A home owner from Moraga CA says:
Thank you for the research. The screw holes are 3 15/16. You are correct that the slider does not roll smoothly. The lower track appears fine. I suspect the rollers have grit in them. Unfortunately, I cannot lift the slider out of the tracks to clean them. I will review your maintenance video to see it that will assist me. In the meantime, I will order the handle.
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.