2 questions re old sash windows

A home owner from Detroit says:
While I am reasonably adept at repairs I just don't have time to replace ropes and wights in several windows that won't stay up without a prop. I have been told that there is some sort of flexible spring steel bit of hardware that fits in channel that will hold window up. True or just wishful thinking?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We may have something for you. Check out our 20-001 Wood Window Sash Tension Spring. Is this what you're looking for? Let me know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)