2001 Boral Weep Holes Covers

A home owner from Australia says:
Hi there,
It's winter in Australia and my house is freezing because we don't seem to have covers on our weep holes! Do you think this will make the house much warmer. My family don't seem to think so. But I am hopeful! Do you post to Australia and how much would that cost? My have Boral 2001 windows. Have attached a pic of a weep hole cover we have. Thanks in advance!
User submitted a photo of a weep hole.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
A weep hole cover won't necessary make the house warmer, unless you have a lot of wind blowing in from the open cut outs. It'd have to be a lot, though! These are mostly used to manage moisture, not temperature. From your photo, it looks like you have aluminum windows. Are they thermal break? Aluminum will transfer the cold from the out side to the inside, unless you have a strip of nylon (or Thermal Break) embedded in the frame to break up the transfer of cold air. As for the weep hole cover itself, 26-173 looks close. I would just make sure the dimensions all match up.
A home owner from Pittsfield says:
Great site. While doing some calking, I noticed that all my windows had the weep hole covers missing on the left side. The right side holes were all covered. I never noticed before and now wondering if the left side were off by design. It does seem odd though, and maybe just a coincidence. I'd like to oder some and wondering if you have anything close. The actual hole opening is 1" by .25" The outside dimension of the cover is approx. 1.35" by .3" Attached are what the existing looks like. Thanks in advance for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named weephole2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named weephole1.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We unfortunately don't sell this exact weep hole cover. The only thing we carry that may work for you is our 26-186, which is a very versatile part that can be applied to many different window types. We have a video, which I'll share below, that can you show how you can use this part to repair your window. Just note its dimensions to ensure that you have enough space for it.

Dimensions for 26-186
Dimensions for 26-186

How to install a weep hole cover
How to install a weep hole cover
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.