2003 French Door Astragal Bubble Seal

A quick learner from Sequim, WA says:
Looking for a bubble seal with the profile in the attached photos. This goes in the astragals for four french doors we installed in 2003.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It's tough to make out what you have from these photos, but that profile angle in your first picture is exactly the angle we need. Could you show me that same angle, but a little clearer? I can't quite tell how this installs in the door. Does it use a kind of "T" shaped strip, or is there a kerf that ripped off? If anything ripped off, could you show us an undamaged sample?

Hello Tom,

Here are a couple more photos taken from one of the other doors (opens opposite direction). The large bubble on the seal goes against the outside surface of the door when it's closed. The rolled over portion on the right side of the seal goes against the 1 13/16" thickness of the door. The barbed portion on the left side of the seal fits into the aluminum extrusion on the fixed door.

I believe we bought the doors from Milgard and also believe they have since stopped selling them.

Mike
Profile picture of Tom

Ah thank you! This is just what we need to see. So, we don't have anything exactly like this, but we do have something similar. See our 58-173. Look it over and let me know if you think you could use this as a substitute. 

Tom,

I think you nailed it. I just placed an order with SWISCO for four pieces of 58-173 to install on the four doors. Still have the seals on the door frames to deal with but this will get me started.

Mike
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, thank you! We appreciate your business. Please let me know how it works out.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.