2004 Oran window.

Home Owner from Guelph Ontario
Looking for parts and possible solutions to repair this 2004 Oran  window. I've been told I need a balance shoe? But many discussions I see talk about the pivot bar.  Not sure if I need both or either. Any help is appreciated. 
4 user uploaded images
4 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
SWISCO
Expert

Based on your photos, it appears that the pivot bar is broken. This is the diecast metal post that sticks out of the bottom corners of your sash. The pivot shoe is the plastic block in the track, and its what the pivot bar fits into.

Your pivot shoe looks to be in good condition, but the pivot bar is obviously shattered. We would be happy to help you find a match, but I need a photo of an undamaged version so that we have a reference to work off of. Would that be possible?

Home Owner from Guelph Ontario
Hi tom. Thanks for your reply. Both Pivot bars are broken on this window. But I have other windows installed at the same time. I do not know how to remove the pivot bar To photograph it, however. Is there a video link you can Send me to do this? Thanks very much for your help. Paul 
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
SWISCO
Expert

Most pivot bars just screw to the underside of the sash. What you'll have to do is remove the sash, place it on a flat and level surface (like a table), then check the underside for the screws that are holding them in place.

Reply to Thread
Current Photos: