21" long, 1-3/32" deep bottom piece, 1/2" metal channel; 25.5 lb lower sash; both top and bottom plastic end pieces have "wings"; metal channel is marked "20-9 IK5 CMC 43"
I think the replacement would be an S385 but would like confirmation.
I have more photos if needed
2016 Milgard non-tilt sash window balancer
Quick Learner from El Paso TX
Jun 11, 2025 1:57 pm
5 user uploaded images
4 Replies
Emily from SWISCO
Jun 16, 2025 1:20 pm
Thank you for bearing with us during this busy season! What you have here isn't the Series 385 or any of the stock balances on our website. Your balance's configuration isn't a part of our stock catalog, but we can still assist via custom order. Can you show us a photo of the underside of the bottom shoe? It should have a code stamped on the bottom of it. Additionally, how many balances are you looking to order?
Quick Learner from El Paso TX
Jun 16, 2025 8:26 pm
Bottom of shoe is marked "180". I am looking for two balancers; in fact, since they weren't that expensive I went ahead and placed an order last week for two Series 385 balancers just to see if they would work. Just before your email arrived I received notification that the Series 385 parts have shipped.
1 user uploaded image
Emily from SWISCO
Jun 17, 2025 10:18 am
Even if you can install the Series 385 balances, they may break sooner or cause problems with the window later. Our return policy can be found here.