2140 Q replacement

A quick learner says:
What part replaces the 2140 Q stamped in block & tackle?

I've had a glass/window company make a repair to my window. It looks like the replacement that they used was much shorter. Does this matter and will this matter over time?

They also brought the wrong part for the side clips. It should have been a Swisco 18-061.

I have given them (Better Buy Glass, Atlanta, GA) your website and part number for the side clips. But don't know if I should make a stink to replace the block & tackle with like parts. What say you?

The irony that a homeowner should have to furnish a window repair house with your website address.

Thank you.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting on the discussion board, Decker. Having a shorter channel balance may matter in time. What was the length of your original balance's metal channel as compared to this new one?

I also cannot identify your balance based on the stamp alone. That number is only indicative of the balance's strength, not as to what Series it may be. To help us identify the correct replacement hardware for your application, please remove the balances from your window and take a few pictures of them of the attachments on both ends of your balance. If we can see what attachments you have, we'll be one step closer to identifying your Series.
A contractor from Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054 says:
Width 20 inches,
Hight 15 & 1/2 inches
Thickness 3/4 inches
panel 6
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the additional information. Can you also get us those pictures I requested? That will allow us to find what you need.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)