2220 weight designation ?

A quick learner from Durango, CO says:
Metal frame single hung, likely from 1970's
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

2220 is the weight designation. I can't tell what balance you have, though, because it depends on what the top attachment looks like.

Thanks, I can determine weight I need. I just need to find correct bottom attachment.
Profile picture of Tom

It's easier to identify the bottom shoe when I can see the top shoe, but start by seeing if you have the 1-1/8" 15-001, shown below:

Profile picture of Tom

Oh, I see what you mean. The top attachment in your photo appears to be totally sliced off. That explains why I missed it. Do you have another balance from the same window, or a same-size window somewhere else in the building? You'll need to take a look at that attachment in an unbroken state.

As for the shoe, there are two options: 1" flat, or 1-1/8". If it's more than 1", it likely wore down from 1-1/8" (Series 390). If it's 1", it's Series 351.

Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Thanks Ben,

That looks like it although the 1 1/8" measurement on mine is closer to 1" maybe worn down?

don't my photos show top and bottom shoe well enough? best I can get without removing rivets
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, is the top attachment broken in your photos? The Series 372 top attachment has wide flaps that should stick out to the sides, but I can't see those. Maybe they fell off. Can I see a photo of an unbroken top guide, up close? Or at least, can you confirm that the unbroken attachments used to have flaps? If so, direct your attention to S370-23, which may have the same top and bottom attachment that you need.

Ben, missed this reply; the top appears the same on an undamaged one; only thing wrong with one in photo is a broken string. I have seen top attachments on some of your models. The top attachment on the 390 model does not look correct. The top attachment on the MODEL 372 looks close

other look the same. I think the S370-23 is it !

i will order 1 pair and if they work I'll more.

thanks Ben!!! will let you know

Ben, back again, I received the S370 and they kind of work. The top clip is not quite right.

The top clip on the S371 (19-301) looks like what I need.

The S371 has the 15-005 shoe. Is that close to the 370 shoe? looks the same with the 'wings'?

The wings seem to be ok; act as guides; old ones are probably worn down

Thanks for your help! Bob
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this balance. Could our 19-011 top fitting be a better option? Look that over and see what you think.

If so, you have two courses of action. The first is that we can specially make this balance for you. You can return the S370 you purchased for a refund and then you can place a special order for this special balance.

The other course of action would be to swap out the top attachment yourself. It's not too difficult, but it does require some special tools. See the video below for instructions for this project and let me know how you wish to proceed.

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.