23-506 length adjustment

A home owner from Ohio says:
Trying to find a good replacement track system for some old wooden bifold doors. PN 23-506 looks about right, but the opening is >4' and
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

It looks like the rest of your message got cut off. The 23-506 is meant for 5' openings, while the 23-505 is for 4' openings. Let me know what other inquiries you had. Many thanks.

A home owner from Ohio says:
Sorry, the rest was supposed to say "The opening is about 4'5.5", can the 5' track be cut down to length?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Okay, in this case I think cutting down the 5' track to the size you need would probably be the safest bet. The 23-505 4' Kit would leave you with 3" on either side. This might not be an issue, but I can't say for certain. So if you're game, cutting down the 23-506 to the size you need is the way to go.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.