23-5 Channel Balance
Thanks for reaching out. I am confident we can provide you with a replacement for the balances you need. Although, I will need to see photos of the top and bottom attachments to identify them. The length of the channel should be 24".
The 23-5 stamp can tell us the weight range the balance can support but it is not always exact. Unfortunately, it cannot be used to determine the series.
Please also include a photo of the bracket connecting the spring and the string in the middle of the balance.
Feel free to reach out with any other questions you might have.
Yes, these do help to narrow down the options. The only photo you did not provide was the bracket connecting the spring and the string in the middle of the balance. If it is easier, please provide a full view of the spring side of the channel.
Once I have this I'll be able to determine the correct replacement.
Thanks for the additional photos. The bracket you have is found on our custom, 86 style Caldwell balances. The winged shoe for this balance is no longer made but the wings on the replacements should not cause any issues with the window.
I'm happy to provide you with a quote but I'll need to know the number of balances you intend to purchase to confirm pricing and availability. The quantity minimum is (2) balances.