24" SERIES 385

A quick learner says:
Hello,
I like to order channel balance 2340, 24" series 385.
It is not clear to me if top and shoe balance are included or i have to order them separated.
I that case is it possible that Swisco can make the balance with top and shoe for me.

I send hereby pictures of top and shoe.

Sincerely Yours
Mathew.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Our balances come fully assembled with the top and bottom nylon attachments. Actually, I think your balance more closely resembles our S377-24. Take a look and see if you agree.

A quick learner says:
Dear Madam,
I thank you for the your advise.Either the 2340 of series 385 or series S377-24 are the right one. I don't see the differences. My fault.
Today i took the sash out from a window to examen the original balances. Hereby i send you a couple of pictures of the top and bottom of the balance and the code.
Maybe your are willing to take again a look to advise me for the right balance. That's for me the final decision before i order. The balances and the windows are approximately 15 years.
I thank you very much for the effort.
Mathew
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I agree with Jody. If you look, you definitely have a top that matches up with the wide, flat 19-018, which is from Series 377. 19-005 (from Series 385) is thinner than your guide.

If you measure the bottom, too, you'll probably find a front-to-back depth of 1", like our 15-005, which also is from Series 377. The Series 385 uses 15-004, which is deeper, at 1-3/32".

All things considered, S377-24 is the balance to lean toward. As for the 2340 stamp option choice, that fits window sashes weighing 18 to 23 pounds. Weigh your sash to be sure that it falls within that range, and you should be ready to place an order through the site.

A quick learner says:
Hi Donna,
I'll take you advise and order 377 series balances. The sash weights 23 lbs.

Have a wonderful day
Mathew
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.