25" long yellow tip balancer

A quick learner from mississippi says:
I have a 25" 3/8" yellow tip window balance with 0300 on it. What do I need to order?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That depends on a lot of factors. Can you show us a picture of the balance removed from the window? Specifically, I would like to see a picture of the top, bottom, and of that "0300" stamp. Thanks!
A quick learner from MS says:
This is a pic of each end.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I see now. I believe you have our S900-25 spiral balance. Just make sure the diameter of your outer tube is 3/8". The balances in your pictures are currently missing their outer tubes, so measuring the diameter of the naked spring won't tell you what it is.

The Yellow Tip option for the S900-25 is very strong, meant for sashes weighing 24 through 34 pounds. Does your sash weigh that much? If not, I recommend referring to the chart we have on the S900-25 store page to determine the proper replacement option.
A quick learner says:
So I suppose that the diameter would be the 5/8 since it couldn't be the same size as the spring and yes the sashes are very heavy seems like to me but I am a girl. So I need the S900-25? And I have a couple of them that are a couple of inches shorter but they look just the same. Can you tell by the balance if these windows tilt? And can you link me to a youtube that will show me how to install. I am a quick learner ya know...... :)
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yep, I'm confident that these windows tilt. If you had to push in latches and swing it in to remove it from the frame, then that will confirm it. As for the tube diameter, if it is 5/8" then you would want our Series 600 instead. This is an important detail so you definitely want to confirm. If there is an identical window in the house that may still have its tubes intact, you can measure that to be sure. If the outer tube is 3/8", we recommend the Series 900 spiral balance.

Finally, we have a very helpful video on how to replace this kind of balance. This should make things clearer for you.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.