2530 & 2540

A quick learner from Carteret, NJ says:
Do you know any repair places in Middlesex County NJ that will install the parts?

I will need 4 of each

The window is a double-hung (no tilt)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window2.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window1.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Based on your stamp and your photos, it looks like you have an asymmetrical balance system for a hinged window. What that means is that the left balance is different from the right balance, at least in a few details. Specifically one balance lacks a bottom nylon fitting and has a different stamp.

To confirm, look at our 15-025 bottom and 19-008 top fittings. Do these match up to what you have installed on your balance?

If so, we can definitely help, but these will have to be a custom order. I also need a bit more information before we can continue. First, one of your two balances will be missing the bottom fitting (15-025). Can you tell me which one that is? You can use the stamp to designate between them.

Second, can you tell me how many of each you need? Once I know all that, I'll email you  an order link and price quote for both.

Finally, to answer your last question, I'm afraid I do not have a contact in your area who can help.

A quick learner from Carteret, NJ says:
Please note: I am not interested in 2530.

I need 4 of 2540. As mentioned earlier in my last email the image I sent was one image, the camera could not pick up the top and bottom with one shot. There are fittings on the top and bottom of part 2540.

How long does it take for a custom order??
Profile picture of Tom

Sure, if all you wanted was the 2540, that's no problem at all. I just have to tell you that we usually recommend replacing both balances on either side of the window at the same time.

I'm going to email you an order link and price quote now for four 26" long balances with a 19-008 top, 15-025 bottom, and a 2540 stamp. Let me know if you had any questions or if you wanted to make any changes.

We have all these parts in stock, so delivery time will depend on what shipping option you choose during checkout. 

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
I placed a custom order for balances (1415639).
I received my parts and installed the springs. They fit perfectly. I noticed they are making a screeching sound when I pull the windows up and down? Any idea why the screeching sound??

The springs work on two different windows, placed on the same side (left) however they are screeching, the other window, the spring was placed on the right, and that window will not open. I am planning later today to switch that spring to the right. I had to remove the white piece with the screw that's on the bottom of the spring because the spring would not fit in the window that piece. Could that be the reason for the screeching?
Profile picture of Tom

I'm not sure what the issue may be. Going back over our conversation, can you confirm that the 2340 originally had both the top and bottom nylon fitting? Can you also confirm whether it installed on the hinge side of the window, or the other side?

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
The hinged side does not have the fitting at the bottom, however the spring for both sides are stamped 2540
Profile picture of Tom

That shouldn't be. Because these are asymmetric systems, you need a 2530 on one side and a 2540 on the other side. You had told me before that you were uninterested in purchasing new 2530 balances, so I assumed that meant you would be reusing your originals. 

Did you instead replace the 2530 balances with the new 2540 balances that you bought from us? If so, that would explain the problem. You need to replace your old balances with exactly what was in there originally. Can you confirm?

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.