26-1/2" long channel balance

A home owner from Ft. Myers says:

Good morning Swisco.

I have need of 4 window balances and have no ID on the old ones.

They are 26 and ½ inch long ( Metal only ) The clip on the window is in the middle and not on top. The sash weighs 9.5 pounds.

The pictures will tell you the top and bottom pieces.

Please let me know if you can accommodate me with replacements.

Also the sashes have a small plastic gliding trim and also would like this too. It is 3/8 inches wide and a wrap around piece for the aluminum sash with about 1/16" opening channel.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4096.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4094.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4092.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4091.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4090.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience in this matter. I'm very confident that we can replace this hardware, we just need a little time to confirm a few details. The fact that your balance is 26-1/2" long means it will have to be a custom order. Otherwise, it looks very similar to our Series 370. Once we have confirmed its availability, we can get to work on setting you up with an order link and price quote.

In the meantime, can you tell me how many you need?

As for the glazing, I'm less certain about this. It's similar to our 55-034 I recommend comparing your dimensions to ours to see how well they match up. Let me know!

A home owner from Ft. Myers says:
My need is only for 4 and wonder why can't I use a 26" balance for the sash. I am sure the 1/2" will not prevent the window from operating. Also let me know about the glazing, which is not a glazing but rather a friction control along the inner track of the sash.
Mr. B.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I would recommend against using a standard size balance. I've tried it myself in the past and I've rarely had any success, and when I did it was a fluke. We usually always recommend sticking with what you have now. If it's worked up to this point then there's no reason to mess with success. I'll email you an order link and price quote for 4 of these. You can then decide from there which route to take.

We also do not sell any type of friction control strip, unfortunately. That may be something you  have to contact the original supplier for. I'm sorry we can't offer anything at this time.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.