26-371 Latch Did Not Fit

A quick learner from Biloxi, MS says:
I had ordered item # 26-371 but those did not fit. My measurements of the broken latch is 2 3/4 inch long, 3/4 inch wide and 1/2 inch deep. As you can see, it is a rectangle, not rounded. Ideas? Thanks in advance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0511211335-00.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0511211333-01.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0511211334-00.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0511211333-00.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I don't believe your exact tilt latch is made anymore but I think you might be able to use our 26-244 and 26-243 as a substitute. Look over our dimensions and see if you agree.

It's also important to note that your tilt latch does have a rounded back end, looking at your photos. Only the top edge is rectangular, but that doesn't really matter nor does it affect installation or function in any way. You'll see that our 26-243 and 26-244 are the same way.

Alternate view of 26-243
Alternate view of 26-243
Profile view of 26-243
Profile view of 26-243
A quick learner from Biloxi, MS says:
Oh my goodness: the part Tom told me to try worked! I can't thank you enough for your assistance. I am ordering another 2 sets for my other (same model) windows. What a great company.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Awesome! I'm very happy to hear it worked. Thank you so much for your business and please let me know if I could be of any help to you in the future.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.