26-393 Question

A home owner says:
I ordered some tilt latches last week. The size is not common so I was happy I found them at your site. My question is the little tab that ultimately holds the window in place seems to be a little wide. I had to try and use a dremel to shave it down to fit like the old one. Is there another item that is the same demensions that no modification is needed? I want to pass this along to the homeowners that live it the townhomes that all have the same latch. Thank you
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid they don't make any other version of the 26-393. The only other version they really make is the 26-408, but it's specifically made for the top sash. It's possible you have an older model that the 26-393 and that the 26-393 just happened to be similar, if not exact. You see that kind of thing all the time. Otherwise these are the only tilt latches we know of in this style.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)