26-4 DG5 CMC 54

A quick learner from Calif. says:
I have narrowed down my sach to S800-26 : 26" Series 800 Channel Balance, but I'm not sure what weight to select? Can you give some idea how to determine what weight I need. It's a double sash and I will be purchasing 2 sachs.
Thanks
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

First, we would like for you to measure the balance. With your stamping beginning with "26", it usually tells us that the balance measures one inch higher. Since your stamping does not correspond to our stamp options, the only way to decide which option to choose would be to weigh your sash on a scale and correspond that weight number to the weight range chart listed on the product page. If you would like for us to take a look at your balance and offer our input, you may forward us over some photos and we will be happy to review them. 

A quick learner from California says:

Thanks for getting back to me!I'm not sure of exactly what you need to resolve my question. I took a couple pictures of both springs (good one & broken). The bottom window weights 22.6 lbs and name on the lock knob is Kinro?? Please let me know if you have a replacement sash. Thanks

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180425_081813.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180425_081820.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Whoa, not so fast! That's not Series 800! See the wings you have on your balance? It can't be the same thing.

I'm pretty certain that your channel is wider than the Series 800, too. Measure the channel width. If it's 1/2" or 9/16", you have Series 380 or Series 385. You can measure the bottom shoe as shown below. The 1" shoe is for Series 380 and the 1-3/32" is for Series 385.  Choose the one you need.

Then, measure the metal bar. I suspect the metal bar measures 27", meaning you need S380-27 or S385-27. Verify that. You'll want option 2640 for a 22.6 pound sash.

Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005
Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.