26-415 w/ S140

A quick learner from Indiana says:
Hi, I purchased two of your S140 coil balance springs. I installed them today, but the pivot bars on my windows won't fit. The 26-415 have matching dimensions (will install onto my sash) but I am not sure if they will mate with the S140.
A quick learner from Indiana says:
I filed down the pivot bars and everything fits EXCEPT the tilt locks on the top of the sash won't clear the S140 coils.

The old coils had a type of wedge shape at the bottom that pushed the locks in to clear the coils.
User:latch
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Are you able to move the coil balance further down, so that it's below the tilt latch while the window is closed? You will have to drill a new hole in order to do this.
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.