27HD block and tackle channel needed

Quick Learner from Woodbridge, VA
Apr 29, 2024 10:29 am
Dear friends, I need to replace one 27HD block and tackle channel for a Uniframe vinyl window that tilts inwards. Have attached a few pictures so that you can point me in the right direction for the specific part from Swisco that will work.
Assuming we can find the right part, will order two from you and replace the other that is still working. Thanks. AJ
IMG_6111 IMG_6110 IMG_6109 IMG_6105 IMG_6086
5 user uploaded images
7 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 1, 2024 10:01 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

Your channel balance resembles the S770 at first glance. If yours has a 27" long metal channel, see the S770-27. Since your stamp code differs from our strength options, you would also need to weigh the window sash to follow the chart under the balance product description. Thank you! 

May 1, 2024 4:26 pm
Hi Casey, Great to hear from you. This is to confirm the long metal channel is actually 28" (see attached pics) and the window sash weighs 24.5 pounds. We look forward to hearing back from you soon. Kindest regards. aj
IMG_6123 IMG_6124
2 user uploaded images
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 2, 2024 8:58 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

In that case, take a look at the S770-28 channel balance. You'd also need 28D strength options to support a sash between 23-28 lbs. 

May 2, 2024 9:16 am
Great! Will place the order today. Thanks for pointing us to the correct product! Cheers.
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 2, 2024 9:30 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Great, just let us know if you need anything else. 

May 25, 2024 2:54 pm
Hi Casey (et al), the block and tackle channels worked perfectly! For anyone else doing this, DO NOT throw away your original mounting screw like I did! Thankfully, replacements are easy to get at any hardware, or home, store. I bought a bag of #8 1-inch sheet metal screws (pan head Phillips) for just a couple bucks; they worked perfectly. Thanks again Casey, and the team at SWISCO, for all your help. Thx. aj
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 28, 2024 8:48 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for letting us know how your repair went and sharing some helpful advice with other customers! We look forward to assisting you with future projects. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts