28" Cannel Balance

A handy person from Kingman, AZ (86401) says:
Cannel Balance metal length is 28" and the channel balance width is 1/2". The clips and cords broke. Please see attached pictures for what the hardware looks like. Would like to order any type of replacement that would work with consideration to quality and cost. Looking for best bang for the buck.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image3.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Welcome to SWISCO! These are S395-28 channel balances. You can tell by the winged top attachment and wingless bottom. Let me know if you need anything else.

A quick learner from Kingman AZ says:
4 questions:
For some reason the builder installed one 2730 and one 2740 in the window. I should order the same part number correct?

Can the replacement channel balances be installed WITHOUT taking the window out?

There are complete installation instructions that come with the replacement channel balances?

Thank you in advance!!

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Ah, that can be a problem sometimes. I guess sometimes installers only have a couple balances on hand, so they just put whatever in there. 

Unfortunately, there's no way to know what stamp option is right without weighing your sash on a scale. That's your only course of action. Fortunately, we have a chart on the S395-28 store page that tells you exactly what you need. All you have to do is weigh your sash and refer to that chart.

As for installation instructions, we actually have a video that I think you will find helpful. See the video below. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.