28 inch channel balance for non tilt window

A quick learner from San Diego says:
I need a replacement 28 inch window balance for a non-tilt window. The width is 1/2 inch, and the imprint says 27 4. Can you please advise which part I need to order? Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This is a bit of an odd one. Your balance looks to be a stock product at first glance, but I've never seen a balance in this style with that type of hook. Would it be possible for you to move that hook aside and show me a picture of the underside of the shoe? I just want to be 100% sure of what you're working with.

A quick learner from San Diego says:
Is this what you mean?
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, that's perfect. Please give me a little more time to solve this mystery and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Profile picture of Tom

Thanks again for your patience while we researched this. We can supply this balance, but it will have to be a custom order since it's not a stock configuration. Basically we'll be using a Series 385 channel balance, but we'll be swapping the metal hook it comes with for the 62-108.

The 62-108, for your reference, is the modern version of the metal hook you have on your balance now. The design is a little different but I promise that they work the same way.

If that sounds good to you, please let me know how many you wanted to buy and I will email you a purchase link and price quote for that quantity.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.