2820 and 1620M balances

A handy person from Portland, Oregon says:
Hi.

I figured out how to pull the windows, however I'm needing some assistance in finding the correct part number. Actually the right series.

Here's a top and bottom photo for the two I need help with:

-1620M

Thanks.

Jeff

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1620MBottom_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1620MTop.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2820Bottom_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2820Top_resized.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help you identify your channel balance, but we'll need to see the balance removed from your window. 

The numbers stamped on your channels are the spring strength options that you'll need once you know which balance to choose. 

A quick learner from Portland Oregon says:
Hi Casey.

Thanks for the reply. I could not find any part numbers on the balance I removed. Here's some more pictures. One is 29" long and the other is 17" long.

Thanks.

Jeff
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Swisco3_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Swisco4_resized.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

It looks like you'll need our S395-29 and S395-17 channel balances. If there are no stamp numbers, you'll need to remove and weigh the bottom sash in both of your windows in order to choose the correct spring strength options. There are charts on both of our product pages that will tell you which option to choose based on your sash weight. 

Let us know if you have any more questions.

A quick learner from Portland Oregon says:
Thanks Casey. I just placed my order. Appreciate the assistance. Have a good one. Jeff
Profile picture of Casey

You're welcome! You have a good one, too, and feel free to drop in any let us know how the replacement goes.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.